MAHWAH, NJ. (January 20, 2012) – Jaguar Land Rover North America, LLC is proud to announce its two latest accolades from Winding Road magazine’s 'Best Car of the Year' awards. The 2012 Jaguar XJ took home the “Best Luxury Sedan” award and the 2012 Land Rover LR4 was named “Best Big Utility.”
“Winning two of Winding Road’s top awards is a tremendous achievement for Jaguar Land Rover,” said Andy Goss, President, Jaguar Land Rover North America, LLC. “This acknowledgement reaffirms the unparalleled design and engineering of the Jaguar XJ and the luxury and capability of the Land Rover LR4."
Winding Road’s Best Car of the Year Awards seek out and honor the best drivers' vehicles, across every level of size, form, and functionality, selected from the hundreds of vehicles that its editors review each year.
This is the first Winding Road Best Car of the Year Award for Land Rover, and the second consecutive award for the Jaguar XJ – there are twelve different awards categories in total.
“The XJ manages to combine magic-carpet-ride smoothness, an eager drivetrain and a willingness to respond to the helm. Those desirable qualities are rarely found together in big cars." - Winding Road
Revolutionary, not evolutionary, the XJ is truly a product of the 21st century and is the clearest indication yet of the singular sense of purpose behind Design Director Ian Callum’s vision for the future of Jaguar.
The standard full-length panoramic glass roof that floods the cabin with natural light allows the XJ to offer an unrivalled sense of spaciousness and occasion for driver and passengers and at the same time retain the sleek coupe-like profile and lithe stance for which Jaguar cars are famous.
2012 Model Year At-A-Glance
- Lightweight aluminum construction
- Bold, beautiful styling re-energizes the Jaguar design language
- Available in both standard and long-wheelbase versions
- New Rear Seat Comfort package is standard on the XJL Supersport and includes electric recline, lumbar adjustment and massage functions
- New XJL Executive Package enhances the luxury of the long wheelbase model
- Optional Illumination Package offers the ambient lighting effects previously only available on the Supersport variant
- New interior color combinations have been added by customer request
Land Rover LR4
“When you think of off-roading in style, the Land Rover LR4 immediately comes to mind. It’s incredibly capable, allowing one to drive places that you’d think a vehicle shouldn’t go.” - Winding Road
The Land Rover LR4, a full-capability luxury SUV that deftly combines renowned off-road capability with premium on-road luxury and ride quality, gains significant audio, navigation and entertainment upgrades for the 2012 model year. Land Rover offers the LR4 with the HSE and HSE LUX upgrade packages, both of which include the 7-seat comfort package that’s also available for the standard LR4.
2012 Model Year At-A-Glance
- Significant audio/infotainment upgrades
- New compact smart key fob
- Top audio system now 825-Watt Harman/Kardon® with 17 speakers
- New Standard 7 inch touchscreen
- Revised touch-screen navigation system with voice activation
- Traffic Message Channel capability
- Voice control for multiple devices
- Revised rear seat entertainment system with WhiteFire™ wireless control
- New 19-inch and 20-inch alloy wheel designs
- New paint colors
The all-new Range Rover Sport will make its global premiere in a ground breaking live drive through Manhattan, on March 26.
Jaguar and Land Rover vehicles to feature in the new James Bond movie SKYFALL™
The All-New Range Rover made its global motor show debut in Paris on September 27th .
Jaguar Land Rover Limited: Registered Office: Abbey Road, Whitley, Coventry CV3 4LF Registered in England No: 1672070