A vehicle will be sourced through one of the major vehicle rental companies. You must be able to comply with their conditions of hire and you will be responsible for any fuel costs. Insurance requirements stipulate that you must be between 25 and 65 years of age. If you are under 25 or over 65 we will endeavour to make alternative arrangements, but these cannot be guaranteed.
Certain endorsements on your licence may prejudice your eligibility to hire a vehicle.
If the recovery of your vehicle requires the use of specialist equipment as a result of, for example, a road traffic accident, multiple wheel theft or vandalism, any costs incurred will be your responsibility.
Limitations to off-road recovery
We reserve the right to charge you for any costs incurred if your vehicle is disabled by floods or snow-affected roads, is embedded in sand or mud or is not easily accessible.
Should your vehicle be stolen or involved in a road traffic accident and subsequently recovered by the police, you will be liable for any release fee payable before we can remove your vehicle. These costs may be covered by your motor insurance policy.
If you have been authorised by Land Rover Assistance to pay for a covered benefit and wish to recover the costs, please forward the original receipts with a covering letter to the address below.
Land Rover Roadside Assistance
Adverse weather conditions
Please be aware that adverse weather conditions such as high winds, snow or floods can make some Land Rover Assistance operations physically impossible until the weather improves. Our immediate priority is to ensure that you and your passengers are taken to a place of safety and it may be necessary to attend to your vehicle later.
If your vehicle is immobilised, we will tow your caravan or trailer to a destination near to the repairing Land Rover Authorised Repairer. Land Rover Assistance will not, however, be held responsible for any goods being transported.
If your vehicle is immobilised as a result of glass breakage, refilling or topping up with incorrect fuel, keys locked in vehicle, lost or stolen keys or inadequate maintenance, car hire and vehicle redelivery will not be provided.
Keys locked in vehicle/lost keys
We will always endeavour to provide assistance by the most practical method. However, should we be unable to gain entry to your vehicle, modern security systems may make forced entry necessary. If this is the case, you will be asked to sign a declaration, stating that you have given permission for this, and that any costs for resultant damage will be your responsibility.
In the UK, we can contact a Land Rover Authorised Repairer or approved Land Rover glass supplier on your behalf, who will usually be able to supply and fit replacement glass. You will be liable for the cost of replacement parts and fitting charges.
If your vehicle is immobilised as a result of refilling or topping up with incorrect fuel, Land Rover Assistance will recover your vehicle to the most appropriate Land Rover Authorised Repairer.
Validity (Europe only)
Land Rover Assistance is only available in Europe for travel not exceeding 30 days duration in a single trip and 91 days duration in any 12 month period. It is recommended that adequate travel insurance is taken out in addition to this cover.
Repatriation (Europe only)
You will be asked to provide Land Rover Assistance with a signed inventory of any items left in your vehicle prior to repatriation. Neither Land Rover Assistance nor its agents accept any liability for the subsequent loss of, or damage to, any items not declared on this inventory.
Definitions and exclusions
The following words and phrases used above are defined as follows:
- Your vehicle is the vehicle for which Land Rover Assistance membership has been issued.
- Europe means the following countries: Andorra, Austria, Belgium, Croatia, Czech Republic, Denmark (excluding the Faeroe Islands), Estonia, Finland (excluding Aland), France, Germany, Gibraltar, Greece, Hungary, Italy, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Monaco, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Republic of Ireland, San Marino, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain (including the Balearic Islands and Canary Islands), Sweden, Switzerland and Turkey.
- Immobilisation means electrical or mechanical breakdown, road accident, loss of keys or loss, damage or destruction by fire, theft or vandalism.
Land Rover Assistance will not pay for:
- Any expense incurred without the prior authorisation of Land Rover Assistance.
- Any expense that would have normally been payable by you, such as petrol, congestion charges and toll charges.
- The cost of replacement parts, unless covered by Land Rover Warranty.
- Any costs resulting from participation in motor racing, rallies, speed or duration testing.
- Any costs resulting from your vehicle being kept in an un-roadworthy condition or not being serviced in accordance with the manufacturer's recommendations. If, in the opinion of Land Rover Assistance, a recurring fault is due to poor maintenance, we reserve the right to limit the assistance to recovery of your vehicle to the nearest Land Rover Authorised Repairer.
- Any costs resulting from you being under the influence of intoxicating liquor or drugs, or from solvent abuse.
- Any consequential losses arising directly or indirectly from the immobilisation.
- Damage or injury intentionally caused by the Beneficiary or resulting from his/her participation in a criminal act or offence.