Land Rover’s Genuine Parts are designed specifically for your vehicle and come with numerous benefits that will ultimately help extend the lifespan of your Land Rover.
The advantages of Land Rover Genuine Parts:
- These parts have been designed, tested and manufactured according to Land Rover’s uncompromising premium standard to ensure the superior quality and durability of every part.
- Every Land Rover Genuine Part comes with a 12-month warranty.
- With each part and component, you can have complete confidence in its fit, quality, durability and function.
- Land Rover Genuine Parts, in combination with regular vehicle maintenance, will help protect your Land Rover, providing enhanced safety and performance.
All Land Rover Genuine Parts can be ordered and purchased at any Land Rover retailer. For more information, including price details, please contact your Land Rover retailer.
Land Rover Genuine Air Filters:
Air Filters have the primary purpose of filtering and flowing clean and contaminant-free air to the engine system. Land Rover Genuine Air Filters are specifically designed to maintain the demanding Land Rover standards for Filtration and Calibration.
These air filters provide a micron level of filtration protection against any harmful particles – such as dirt or dust, especially in off-road conditions. Our air filters also minimise restriction on air flow and maintain the controlled flow of clean air required by the engine system.
Each air filter is calibrated to work with a specific Land Rover vehicle derivative, enabling the air flow needed by the engine system and its sensors. Non-genuine air filters may disrupt air flow, leading to issues with sensor readings and potentially compromising engine performance and fuel economy, as well as causing a notable increase in tailpipe emissions.
Land Rover Genuine Alloy Wheels:
Tested to perform far in excess of normal road requirements, Land Rover Genuine Alloy Wheels comfortably handle conditions of extreme stress, over widely varying terrain.
Land Rover’s tough engineering standards are measured in the form of:
- Strength. Our alloy wheels are crafted using an aluminum and silicone alloy compound for optimum strength and durability. Each alloy wheel is then subjected to a detailed X-ray test to ensure the wheel is free from even the most microscopic of cracks.
- Balance. Engineered to precise geometric and balance standards, our alloy wheels help provide a safer clearance from components (such as brake callipers), ensuring on and off-road capability is never compromised.
- Durability. Subjected to a punishing 12-week dynamic corrosion test, Land Rover Genuine Alloy Wheels are analysed for resistance to corrosive fluids (brake fluid, fuel and cleaning products). Further to this, each wheel is then put though a 1,000-hour salt spray test, monitoring durability in unrelenting conditions.
- Safety. The Pendulum Impact Test simulates curb strike impacts against each alloy wheel at its weakest and strongest points. This structural behaviour test helps ensure optimal safety and shock absorption, helping to protect both passenger and vehicle.
Land Rover Genuine Brakes:
Up to 12 months of meticulous design and development go into each version of Land Rover Genuine Brake Discs and Pads. Issues like rapid brake fade, low-wear life, grinding, squeaking and unbalanced braking are addressed through rigorous testing procedures focused on five key targets:
- Refinement. Land Rover’s global testing programme uses temperature and weather extremes to measure and eradicate refinement issues such as brake squeal and juddering. Our brake pads and discs are tested in various locations, ranging from the dusty and scorching heat of Death Valley, California, to the sub-zero climates of northern Scandinavia.
- Performance. Land Rover Genuine Brakes are run through the industry standard AMS Brake Fade test – used by the leading manufacturers for high performance vehicles. After the test vehicle is rapidly accelerated up to 100kph, the brakes are applied as hard as possible until the vehicle comes to a stop. This procedure is repeated non-stop for 12 cycles to ensure that safe stopping performance is not compromised during the test.
- Stability. Driving tests on winding alpine mountain roads in the French Alps push disc and pad temperatures to over 500°C with prolonged and strenuous breaking. Even under such extreme conditions, our brake pads and discs remain stable and steady.
- Pedal Feel. All Land Rover Genuine Brakes are designed to handle a 'Chauffeur Stop.' This unique standard is used to ensure that the vehicle is capable of stopping smoothly at a variety of both high and low speeds. Furthermore, this capability helps provide secure and accessible deceleration which the driver feels through the brake pedal.
- Parking. The superior braking ability of our breaks is demonstrated through a parking test, whereby certain Land Rover vehicles are able to hold stationary on a steep 30° (58% gradient) incline using only the Park Brake System.
Land Rover Genuine Exhausts:
Our exhaust systems are designed for power with refinement. With a Land Rover Genuine Exhaust, you can be sure you’ll always get superlative performance and fuel economy because the parts are calibrated to Land Rover’s unique requirements and standards.
- Acoustics. Our exhaust system provides an optimised acoustic experience for all driving conditions. Many months of development go into ensuring the optimum sound is always produced by the exhaust, commensurate with the legislative requirements.
- Material Strength. Stainless steel is used to give the entire exhaust system a robust and durable structure, able to withstand exhaust gas temperatures in excess of 700ºC.
- Development. Land Rover Genuine Exhausts are subjected to over 1,000 hours of rigorous testing on specialist dynamometer rigs to simulate a variety of challenging driving conditions.
Land Rover Genuine Fuel Filters:
Land Rover Genuine Fuel Filters provide advanced protection for Land Rover engines against corrosive and harmful products.
The risk from inferior filters
As with any vehicle, there is the risk that the fuel you put into your Land Rover may contain contaminants and particles – like dirt, sand or rust. If a fuel filter has poor filtration levels, these abrasive particles (even at microscopic levels) can come into contact with the fuel injectors and surrounding components to cause problems with:
- Fuel Economy
Inferior filters can also accelerate wear and damage to the fuel injectors and fuel pump, potentially resulting in complicated and costly problems.
Land Rover Genuine Fuel Filters will:
- Filter out contaminates, even at microscopic levels
- Filter out any water from the diesel fuel
- Provide optimum protection
- Help to maintain a controlled and precise flow of fuel to the engine
As with all Land Rover Genuine Parts and Accessories, our fuel filters are subjected to a barrage of tests including:
- Pressure cycle
- Safety crash testing
Land Rover Genuine Oil Filters:
Land Rover Genuine Oil Filters are designed to provide full-flow filtration of engine oil.
Oil filters are absolutely crucial for engine function and durability. The filtered oil is vital to lubricate and help prevent wear to internal moving engine components such as the crankshaft and camshafts.
The risks of using inferior oil filters
Some of the major issues that may occur include:
- A filter blocks too quickly, causing an emergency bypass valve to open, thus supplying unfiltered oil to the engine and damaging its components
- Particles pass through, increasing engine wear and emissions output
- A filter element in unable to handle engine oil running at a high temperature and bursts or breaks up, potentially leading to engine failure
- Sealing ability is compromised, allowing unfiltered oil or low oil pressure to cause engine failure
How to help protect your Land Rover
Land Rover Genuine Oil Filters are put through a development process that includes thousands of hours of engine tests and tens of thousands of miles of intense vehicle testing in extreme climate conditions.
By using Genuine Oil Filters, replaced at specified service intervals, you can be confident of the quality, fit, durability and function of your Land Rover and its component parts.
Jaguar Land Rover Limited: Registered Office: Abbey Road, Whitley, Coventry CV3 4LF Registered in England No: 1672070